Customer Service Representative
A moving company is a machine made up of many important parts. And while excellent movers and drivers are at the front lines of a successful moving company, it is a phenomenal customer service team that is there to ensure that every customer is handled with the utmost care and attention to detail which enables the movers and drivers to operate at the highest level.
To maintain a high level of customer service for our growing base of clients, we are in search of an individual to fill a customer service roll within our company.
Some of the basic requirements:
- Effective communication skills of professional quality in English (though multi-linguists are great, too!), both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills; ability to connect with a customer to understand their needs, pay attention to these needs, and determine the best way to meet these needs.
- Functional understanding of MS Office (primarily Excel and Word).
- Fast learning is also a huge plus; knowing the right questions to ask and when to ask them while working on an estimate with a customer is key. To do this, you will need to take in a large amount of information specific to the moving industry.
- Answer calls, follow up on estimate requests (this job does not, however, require you to make cold calls or sales calls)
- Build estimates based on information provided via online estimate form submissions, or based on conversations with customers over the phone
- Handle email correspondence with existing customers to; answer questions, update estimates, resolve any potential issues
- Prepare job sheets and paperwork for the next day’s crews
So, how about the pay?
New CSRs will start with a base pay of $10 per hour for a training period that may last up to 30 days (if you pick up on the job faster than this, even better!). After the training period, pay may be adjusted up to $13 per hour depending on performance and reliability. With time, CSRs may earn up to $15 per hour.
The Move Crew employees also receive a variable semi-annual bonus based on company profits.
Job Type: Full-time