Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that when it comes to moving there are an overwhelming number of companies to choose from. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to get the information about our company that you need to make an educated choice. Below are some answers to questions that you might say are "asked frequently," if you've got a question that is not featured below please do not hesitate to contact us to find an answer.
- How far in advance should I book a moving company? While we do our best to accommodate last minute moves, it always helps to plan ahead when possible. 3-5 weeks in advance is ideal in getting the day and time that you prefer, especially when your move needs to occur towards the end/beginning of the month.
- Estimates: on-site or no on-site? For the average move we can provide you with an accurate estimate over the phone, or by using information you provide using our Online Estimate Form. In the case of larger moves (homes over 3,000 sq ft), any move with an unusually large item, or moves with packing, we highly recommend on-site estimates to ensure accuracy. For interstate moves originating within our local service area we are required by law to do an on-site estimate.
- How do I pay? We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and AMEX as well as check and cash. To confirm your move you will be required to provide a credit card number on file, but you may choose any method to pay for the move upon its completion.
- How many movers do I need? There are many variables that are taken into account when determining the number of movers needed for any given move. When going over your estimate we will be able to tell you the best crew size to complete your move in the most cost effective way.
- What does "portal to portal" mean? Rather than a travel charge or mileage fee for moves within our local service area, we bill our jobs portal to portal. This simply means that we are on the clock from the time we leave our shop until the time we return. Every moving company recoups the expenses associated with transit, it is just a matter of what format they bill the customer for it.
- Is there a minimum charge? Yes, because of operating costs associated with each move there is a minimum 2 hour charge for all jobs.
- What are the height restrictions for your truck? Our trucks require a minimum clearance of 13'6", this is particularly important to make note of if you are moving from a building with a loading dock. We are able to make other arrangements if height restriction becomes a problem, however it is your responsibility to notify us before your move if these arrangements are necessary.